Sunday 15 January 2012



Alright this is my first post! It's well known that Mother 2, or Earthbound in the US, had many song sampled throughout their soundtrack. (I'll probably make a few blog posts about those.) But, Mother 3 probably has a lot more. I found this on Earthbound Central awhile ago. This lists a lot of the common ones, but there are many more people either haven't posted videos of , or haven't realized yet. (Or maybe I missed them.)

It's common knowledge that the Itoi, the creator of Mother is a huge Beatle fans. Also I believe the people who do Mother's music are as well. I was surprised to not see this listened in the above video at least. It's from the shop bazaar early in the game.



At about 11 seconds you can hear a sample from the Beatles' Back in the U.S.S.R. from the White album. It repeats a few times throughout the song.



"Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out
They leave the west behind
And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
That Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind"

I haven't seen this one mentioned anywhere, even though it is a Beatles song. At one point in Mother 3, you end up in a dilapted, musty and moldy bar. It's one of the best places in the game. There is a Jukebox that plays a few songs, including Blessing. (Baldy's recommendation.)




This is a sample from the chorus of Here, There and Everywhere from the Revolver album. It starts about 30 seconds in.



"There, running my hands through her hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking but she doesn't know he's there"

It's so nice when you can sing the Beatles lyrics along to some of these songs in Mother 3. I have a feeling they wrote lyrics for all the songs, if Smiles and Tears and Theme of Love is any indication. That might be wishful thinking though. :)

2 comments:

  1. The Fourside girls really knock me out, of Peaceful Rest remind

    And Twoson girls really scream and shout.

    Saturn Valley's always on my mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL

    Not sure there are girls in Saturn Valley though... I don't want to think about this one...

    ReplyDelete